Job Title: Area Manager
Reporting To: Directors
Location: Witham, Essex
Hours: 8.00 – 17.30 Monday to Friday (42.5 hours per week)
Overview: As Area Manager you will manage the regional customer facing sales team, hire desk, engineering and transport planning within a defined geographic area. Responsibilities include adherence to all internal quality systems & Health & Safety policies, P&L performance, customer service standards and all other business aspects of the depot, whilst demonstrating strong operational, leadership and organisational skills. In return you will receive an excellent salary, enrolment in the company pension scheme and 23 days holiday.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the depot maintains the highest standards of Health, Safety & Environmental performance
- Define and agree annual business plans along with the business leadership that generate the business and financial results in line with company objectives
- Direct, develop, motivate and support all direct reports ensuring that the business objectives are met to agreed timescales
- Position and promote the brand image
- Prepare & communicate business performance reports ensuring that the status of all projects and key activities are understood by the business leadership
- Ensure the assets of the depot are used effectively to achieve maximum returns on capital employed
- Analyse, evaluate and monitor all key operational performance indicators ensuring monthly performance is clearly understood in regard to customer service, operational efficiency, and financial targets to ensure regional objectives are being achieved
- Set the standards of ethics, behaviour and attitude required in the workforce through demonstrating best practice and commitment to company values
- Establish clear accountabilities and responsibilities for the team and ensure individuals are focused on areas that improve and exceed performance and customer expectations
- Ensure all employees within the depot are managed effectively and recruit, train, evaluate, motivate, delegate and monitor their activities.
- Manage performance and ensure reviews are completed and followed through.
- Demonstrate ability to professionally resolve customer related problems or service issues and manage the professional resolution of issues and complaints.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be passionate about customer service and health and safety standards within the organisation.
- Be a credible communicator, with demonstrable leadership skills
- Be able to influence and negotiate effectively with customers and colleagues
- Have previous experience of managing a customer facing team, P&L management, cost control, recognising and capitalising on additional revenue streams
- Have a strong operational knowledge of the Powered Access industry including customer base, competitor activity and buying behaviour
- Have experience of co-ordinating transport to service both company and customer
- Have knowledge of haulage industry and statutory legislative requirements